Stadtwurst - Nürnberger
Nürnberger Stadtwurst is a coarse grind German sausage from the city of Nuremberg, however, Stadwurst sausage is finely grind.
|Lean pork||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Pork belly||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Pork rich in connective tissue: jowls, shoulder, leg||100 g||0.11 lb|
|Water||100 g||3.3 oz fl|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||16 g||2.5 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Marjoram, rubbed||1.5 g||1 tsp|
|Coriander||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Mace||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger||0.2 g||1/8 tsp|
- Grind lean pork through 8 mm (3/8") plate. Add salt, Cure #1 and water and mix well until sticky.
- Grind pork belly through 8 mm (3/8") plate.
- Grind jowls or pork rich in connective tissue through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Mix all meats with spices.
- Stuff into 40 mm natural casings forming ring.
- Hold at room temperature for 60 minutes (optional step, but highly recommended).
- Smoke at 60° C (140° F) for 60 minutes.
- Boil in water at 75° C (167° F) for 45 minutes.
- Immerse in cold water for 10 minutes. Finish cooling in air.