Morcilla Blanca Provenzal
Morcilla Blanca is Spanish sausage which is related to blood sausages, although it is made without blood. You may translate it as White Blood Sausage and this is how it is known in countries such as England, France, Germany, Poland and Spain.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|Lean pork||600 g||1.54 lb|
|Fat (beef or pork)||250 g||0.66 lb|
|Cream||150 g||5 oz fl|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|White pepper||3.0 g||1 ½ tsp|
|Cinnamon||1.0 g||½ tsp|
|Cloves, ground||1.0 g||½ tsp|
|Nutmeg||1.0 g||½ tsp|
|Parsley, finely chopped||1 Tbsp||1 Tbsp|
|Onion||60 g||1 small|
- Chop onion finely. Fry in lard until glassy.
- Grind pork with onions through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Grind fat through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Mix the egg white, cream and all spices in a blender. If no blender available, whisk the egg and mix manually with other ingredients.
- Pour over meat and mix everything well together.
- Stuff into 32-36 mm hog casings, make 6” (15 cm) links.
- Cook in water at 80º C (176º F) for 40 min.
- Cool for 10 minutes in cold water, drain, hang or spread on the table to let the moisture evaporate.