Butifarra blanca translates in Spanish into a “white sausage.” There are version with rice, in many cases whole eggs are included. Many countries have similar sausages, for example Boudin Blanc in France or White Pudding in England.
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|Pork lean, butt||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Dewlap, jowls, fat trimmings||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Pork belly||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cinnamon||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
- Dice 1/3 part of fat into 6 mm (1/4") cubes.
- Grind fat through 6 mm (1/4") plate.
- Grind meats through 6 mm (1/4”) plate.
- Mix ground meat, fat, and all ingredients. Hold for 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Stuff into into 36 mm hog casings.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 40 minutes.
- Cool the sausages for 10 minutes in cold water.
- Drain and place on a table to evaporate the moisture.