Rindswurst (Beef Sausage)
German Rindswurst sausage is made from beef and beef fat only and may be considered to be pure beef frankfurter.
|Lean beef with connective tissue||730 g||1.61 lb|
|Beef fat and beef fat trimmings||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Water||120 g||4 oz fl|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||16 g||2.5 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Paprika||2.0 g||1 tsp|
- Grind beef through 3 mm (1/8") plate. Mix with salt, Cure #1 and water.
- Grind beef fat through 3 mm (1/8") plate. For a finer texture this process can be performed in a food processor.
- Mix meat, fat and spices together.
- Stuff into 32 mm pork casings forming 30 cm (1 foot) links.
- Hold for 60 min at room temperature.
- Smoke at 60º C (140º F) for 60 minutes.
- Boil in water at 75º C (167º F) for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes in cold water, then in air.