Relleno de Huéscar
Relleno de Huéscar originates in Huéscar in the province of Granada, Andalusia region of Spain. The sausage is made from pork, chicken, cured ham, eggs, bread, garlic and parsley. Other meats like rabbit, chicken, turkey or goose may be used. The sausage is of light yellowish color due to saffron spice.
|Pork meat||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Dry ham (cured)||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Chicken breast||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Dry wheat bread||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Eggs||250 g||4 eggs|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic||3.0 g||1 clove|
|Saffron, a few flakes||5 flakes||5|
|Parsley, chopped||1 bunch||1|
|Lime juice||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Water||120 ml||4 oz fl|
- Immerse saffron flakes in 120 ml of water.
- Grind pork and chicken through 6 mm (1/4") plate.
- Dice ham into 6 mm (1/4") cubes.
- Slice thinly dry bread.
- Beat the eggs.
- Mix all meats with bread, water, spices and eggs until a uniform soft mass is obtained.
- Stuff into 36-40 mm pork casings.
- Cook in water at 80 C (176 F) for 45 minutes. Immerse for 5 minutes in cold water. Spread on a table to cool and let the moisture evaporate.