Tarnovska Sausage (Kiełbasa cielęca tarnowska pieczona)
Polish pork and veal smoked sausage
|Veal, semi-fat||500 g||1.1 lb|
|Veal with connective tissue||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Pork, semi-fat||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Pork hard fat trimmings||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic||1.5 g||1/2 clove|
- Grind: semi-fat veal - 3/8” (10 mm) plate; veal with connective tissue - 1/8” (3 mm); semi-fat pork - 3/8” (10 mm); pork fat trimmings - 3/8” (10 mm).
- Using food processor emulsify veal with connective tissue adding 30% (60 ml, 2 oz fl) cold water, cure #1 and spices during the process.
- Mix ground semi-fat veal with ground semi-fat pork and salt until sticky. Add emulsified meat and ground fat. Mix everything together.
- Stuff firmly into 32-36 mm hog or synthetic fibrous casings making 35-45 cm (1-1.5 foot) links. Make a hanging loop. Hang for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Smoking: dry for 15-20 min with thin smoke at 45-55° C (113-131° F); smoke for 120 min at 45-55° C (113-131° F); bake in thin smoke for 30 min at 75-90° C (167-194° F).
- Total time about 170 minutes until sausages reach 68-70° C (154-158° F) internal temperature and light brown color.
- Cool in air and refrigerate.