Rzeszowska (Kiełbasa rzeszowska)
Smoked pork sausage from the city of Rzeszow, located in the South-Eastern region of Poland.
|Pork, lean||450 g||0.99 lb|
|Pork, semi-fat||350 g||0.77 lb|
|Pork rich in connective tissue||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Beef, lean||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure # 1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cardamom||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Garlic||3.0 g||1 clove|
- Grind: lean pork - 1/2” (12 mm); semi-fat pork - 1/4” (6 mm); pork with connective tissue - 1/8” (3 mm); beef - 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Using food processor emulsify beef with pork with connective tissue adding 30-35% (60 ml, 2 oz fl) crushed ice or cold water. Add cure #1 and spices at this stage.
- Mix lean and semi-fat pork adding salt until sticky. Add emulsified mixture and mix everything together.
- Stuff into 32-36 mm hog casings. Form 7-8” (18-20) cm links leaving them in a continuous coil.
- Hang for 12 hours at 2-6° C (35-43° F) OR for 1-2 hours at room temperature.
- Apply hot smoke for 70-80 min, then bake at 80-85° C (176-185° F) for 30 min. Total time 100-110 min until sausages reach 68-70° C (154-158° F) internal temperature and casings develop light brown color.
- Cool sausages in air and refrigerate.