Podkarpacka (Kiełbasa podkarpacka pieczona półtrwała)
Polish semi-dry pork and beef smoked sausage.
Prep time: 2 hours
Cook time: 3 hours
|Pork, lean||750 g||1.65 lb|
|Pork, semi-fat||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Beef, lean||150 g||0.33 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
- Cut lean and semi-fat pork into 1-2” (3-5 cm) pieces.
- Grind beef through 1/8” (2-3 mm) plate.
- Using food processor emulsify beef with 30% (30 ml. 1 oz fl) cold water adding cure #1 and spices during this step.
- Mix all pork adding salt until sticky. Add emulsified beef and mix everything together.
- Stuff firmly into 110-120 mm synthetic fibrous casings making 1-1.5 ft (35-45 cm) links.
- Hang for 1-2 hours at room temperature.
- Dry for 20-30 min with thin smoke at 50-60° C (122-140° F) until casings are dry.
- Smoke for 90 min at 70° C (158° F).
- Bake for 70-120 min in thin smoke at 80-90° C (176-194° F).
- Total time about 3-4 hours until sausages reach 68-70° C (154-158° F) internal temperature.
- Cool in air. Refrigerate.
The sausages may be stored at 10-12° C (50-53° F). They will lose moisture becoming semi-dry, then dry sausages.