Lubuska (Kiełbasa lubuska)
Polish smoked pork and beef sausage.
Prep time: 2.5 hours
Cook time: 30 minutes
|Pork, lean||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork, semi-fat||500 g||1.10 lb|
|Beef, lean||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||1.5 g||1 tsp|
|Marjoram||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Sugar||1.0 g||1/5 tsp|
|Garlic||1.5 g||1/2 clove|
- Grind lean pork through 5/16” (8 mm) plate.
- Grind semi-fat pork through 5/16” (8 mm) plate.
- Grind beef through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Mix all meats and ingredients together until sticky.
- Stuff firmly into 32-36 mm hog casings. Form 12-14” (25-30 cm) links leaving them in a continuous coil.
- Hang for 60 min at room temperature.
- Apply hot smoke 45-80° C (113-176° F) for 80 min until casings develop brown color.
- Cook in water at 72-75° C (160-167° F) for 30-60 min until sausages reach 68-72° C (154-160° F) internal temperature.
- Immerse sausages in cold water for 20 minutes. Wipe off moisture. Dry briefly to 10° C (50° F) and divide into pairs. Keep refrigerated.