Loin Sausage (Kiełbasa polędwicowa pieczona)
|Pork loin||900 g||1.98 lb|
|Beef, lean||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.3 g||1/5 tsp|
- Remove from loin any connective tissue and silver screen. Cut loin into 1.5” (4 x 4 cm) cubes. Mix with 90% of salt and cure #1. Cut beef into 5 cm (2”) pieces and mix with remaining 10% of salt and cure #1. Pack tightly in separate containers, cover with cloth and hold for 3 days in refrigerator.
- Grind beef through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Using food processor emulsify beef adding 25-30% (30 ml, 1 oz fl) cold water and spices.
- Mix (knead) loin cubes until sticky. Add emulsified beef and mix everything together.
- Stuff firmly into 55-65 mm beef middles or synthetic fibrous casings making 35-45 cm (14-18”). Make a hanging loop.
- Hang for 2 hours at room temperature or for 1 hour in a preheated to 43° C (110° F) smokehouse.
- Apply hot smoke at 55-60° C (130-140° F) for 60-80 minutes, increase temperature to 80-90° C (176-194° F) and bake for 2.5-3 hours. Total time of smoking and baking 3-4 hours, until sausages reach 68-70° C (154-158° F) internal temperature.
- Cool in air.
- Keep refrigerated.