Krolewiecka (Kiełbasa królewiecka parzona)
Polish smoked sausage.
|Pork, semi-fat||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Beef, any grade||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Pork head meat||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Pork skins||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Pork trimmings||100 g||0.33 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Whole mustard seeds||1.5 g||1-1/2 tsp|
|Garlic||1.5 g||1/2 clove|
- Grind semi-fat pork with 1/2” (12 mm) plate. Grind beef with 1/8” (3 mm) plate. Grind pork head meat with 1/8” (3 mm) plate. Grind pork skins with 1/8” (3 mm) plate. Grind trimmings with 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Using food processor emulsify beef and pork head meat adding 30% (120 ml, 4 oz fl) cold water. Then add pork skins and trimmings. Add all ingredients during this step.
- Mix semi-fat pork and emulsified meats together.
- Stuff firmly into beef middles or 65 mm synthetic fibrous casings. Make links 16-18” (40-45 cm) long, hanging loop at one end.
- Hang for 60 min at room temperature.
- Apply hot smoke around 55° C (130° F) for 100-120 minutes.
- Cook in water at 72-75° C (160-167° F) for 50-70 min until sausages reach 68-70° C (154-158° F) internal temperature.
- Cool in for 15 minutes in cold water. Wipe off moisture and refrigerate.
* veal, beef or pork low grade trimmings, udders