Hutnicka (Kiełbasa hutnicka parzona podsuszana)
|Pork, semi-fat||900 g||1.98 lb|
|Beef, semi-fat||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Garlic||3.0 g||1 clove|
- Grind pork through 3/8” (8 mm) plate. Grind beef through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Using food processor emulsify ground beef adding 25-30% (30 ml or 1.35 oz fl) cold water. Add cure # 1 and spices during this step.
- Mix (knead) pork with salt until sticky. Add emulsified beef and mix everything together.
- Stuff firmly into beef middles or 50 mm synthetic fibrous casings. Make 30-40 (12-16”) cm long links. Hanging loop at one end.
- Hold for 60 min at room temperature.
- Apply hot smoke for 2 hours until casings become brown.
- Cook in water at 75-80° C (167-176° F) until sausages reach 68-70° C (154-158° F) internal temperature.
- Cool in for 15 minutes in cold water. Dry briefly and keep refrigerated.
Available from Amazon in paperback and eBook format