Glogovska (Kiełbasa głogowska)
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 2 hours
|Pork, lean||350 g||0.77 lb|
|Pork, semi-fat||550 g||1.22 lb|
|Pork trimmings rich in connective tissue||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Garlic||3.0 g||1 clove|
- Cut lean pork into 20 mm cubes. Mix with 1/3 of salt and 1/3 of cure #1. Pack tightly in a container, cover with cloth and hold in refrigerator for 3 days.
- Grind semi-fat pork with 3/8” (10 mm) plate.
- Grind pork trimmings with connective tissue with 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Using food processor emulsify ground pork trimmings rich in connective tissue adding 5% (5 ml or 1 teaspoon) of cold water. Add remaining salt, cure #1 and spices during this step.
- Mix cured lean pork cubes, semi-fat and emulsified pork together.
- Stuff firmly into 32-36 mm hog casings.
- Hang for 60 min at room temperature.
- Apply hot smoke 45-80° C (113-176° F) for 90 min until casings develop brown color.
- Bake in smokehouse (thin smoke allowed) at 85° C (185° F) for 30 min until sausages reach 68-72° C (154-160° F) internal temperature.
- Cool in air to 15° C (59° F) or lower.