Bytomska Sausage (Kiełbasa bytomska)
This beef sausage originates in the city of Bytom which lies in the southern part of Poland.
Prep time: 3 hours
Cook time: 30 minutes
|Beef, lean||750 g||1.65 lb|
|Beef, lean or semi-fat rich in connective tissue||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Hard fat trimmings||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||1.5 g||1-1/2 tsp|
|Coriander||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Garlic||1.5 g||1/2 clove|
- Grind lean beef with 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Grind fat with 1/4 (6 mm) plate.
- Grind beef with connective tissue with 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Using food processor emulsify beef rich in connective tissue adding 50 ml (3 tablespoons) of cold water. Add spices during this step.
- Mix ground beef with salt and cure # 1 until sticky. Add emulsified meat and ground fat and mix all together.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings.
- Hang at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Apply hot smoke for 1-2 hours.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) until sausages reach 68-70° C (154-158° F) internal temperature.
- Cool sausages for 15 minutes in cold water and pat dry.