Morcilla Blanca de Cazorla
White sausage from Cazorla originates in Sierras de Cazorla natural park in Andalusia, southern Spain.
|Lean pork||500 g||1.10 lb|
|Fat (pork back fat, belly, fat trimmings, dewlap, jowls)||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Dry wheat bread||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|White pepper||3.0 g||1 ½ tsp|
|Cinnamon||1.0 g||½ tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Nutmeg||1.0 g||½ tsp|
|Whole egg, beaten||2 eggs||2|
|Cream||60 ml||2 oz fl|
|Garlic, smashed||3.5 g||1 clove|
|Parsley, chopped||2 Tbsp||2 Tbsp|
|Water||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
- Place saffron flakes in 30 ml of water.
- Slice dry bread into small pieces and soak in water until soft. Drain and squeeze out the excess of water.
- Grind pork and back fat through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Mix the beaten eggs, water, cream and all ingredients in a blender. If no blender available, mix manually.
- Pour over ground meat and mix everything well together.
- Stuff into 32-36 mm hog casings, forming 15 cm (6") links.
- Cook in water at 80º C (176º F) for 40 min. Do not boil, the sausages may burst open.
- Store in a refrigerator.
Eat cold, heat in water, fry or grill. Lean pork - meat can come from shoulder, rear leg (ham), pork head, lean meat trimmings, tongue, as well as small amount of liver or kidneys. Adding saffron flakes (flowers) will create sausage with a yellowish color.