|Lean pork, little fat and connective tissue allowed||500 g||1.10 lb|
|Lean beef with some connective tissue||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Pork skins||50 g||0.11 lb|
|Fat trimmings||250 g||0.55 lb|
|Water||100 g||3.33 oz fl|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||16 g||2.5 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Caraway, ground||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Marjoram, ground||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Mace||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Garlic||3.0 g||1 clove|
- Precook skins at 90° (194° F) until soft. Grind through 3 mm (1/8") when still warm.
- Grind lean pork and beef through 3 mm (1/8") plate. Mix with salt, Cure #1 and water.
- Grind fat through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Mix the sausage mass with spices and ground fat.
- Stuff into 28 mm pork casings linking each 30 cm (1 foot).
- Hold at room temperature for 60 minutes.
- Smoke at 60° C (140° F) for 60 minutes.
- Boil at 75° C (167° F) for 25 minutes.
- Cool in cold water for 5 minutes. Cool in air and refrigerate.