Guan chang, or fried filled sausage, has been a popular snack in Beijing since the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). The sausage is made with starch, minced meat and spices. It is first steamed and then cut into cubes and fried.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|Pork||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Flour||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|White pepper||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Sugar||15 g||1 Tbsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Garlic, smashed||3.5 g||1 clove|
|Soy sauce||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Rice wine||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
- Grind pork through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Mix ground meat with salt and sugar.
- Mix spices with soy sauce and wine and pour over the meat. Add flour and mix all well together.
- Stuff into 32 mm hog casings.
- Place in a boiling water and cook at 80° C (176° F) for 30 minutes.
- To serve cut the sausage into cubes and fry.