Polish Smoked Fish Sausage
Fish sausage based on Polish Smoked Sausage recipe.
|Fish (mackerel)||700 g||1.5 lb|
|Pork fat trimmings||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Potato flour||30 g||1 oz|
|Potato starch||20 g||0.7 oz|
|Water||50 ml||1.6 oz fl|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||15 g||2.5 tsp|
|Cure 1||1.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Marjoram, dry, rubbed||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Garlic, minced||3.5 g||1 clove|
|Lemon peel, grated||1/2 lemon|
- Grind meat and dish through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Mix ground fish with all ingredients.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings.Tie off into rings 12” (30 cm) long.
- Hang for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Smoke at 60° C (140° F) for 30 minutes.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 25 minutes.
- Cool in cold water for 10 minutes, dry briefly and refrigerate.