Chinese sausage from the Guangdong (formely Canton) province on the South China Sea.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
|Pork||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Bean starch||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|Sugar||10 g||2 tsp|
|White pepper||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cinnamon||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cardamom||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Amomum||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Angelica||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Scallions (green onion)||30 g||1 oz|
|Garlic, minced||10 g||3 cloves|
|Sesame oil||60 g||2 oz fl|
|Soy sauce||30 g||1 oz fl|
|Vinegar||30 g||1 oz fl|
- Grind pork through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Chop scallions finely.
- Mix all ingredients with sesame oil, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Mix ground meat with scallions and the ingredients.
- Mix bean starch with sufficient amount of water to create a thick paste, then add the paste to the meat.
- Stuff into 36 mm hog casings.
- Place in a boiling water and cook at 80° C (176° F) for 35 minutes. The sausage is ready to eat.
- Cool in cold water, dry briefly and refrigerate.
Amomum is a plant native to China, the Indian Subcontinent, Southeast Asia, New Guinea, and Australia. It includes several species of cardamom, especially black cardamom.