Cocktailwürstchen (Cocktail Sausages)
Cocktailwürstchen (cocktail sausages) are small diameter sausages which are cut to shorter sections and end up on a cold meat platter or in hot dishes like stews.
|Lean pork||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Lean beef with connective tissue||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Fat trimmings||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||16 g||2.5 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Coriander||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Allspice||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Mace||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
- Grind beef and pork through 3 mm (1/8") plate. Add salt, Cure #1, spices and water and mix with ground meat OR emulsify in food processor.
- Grind pork through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Mix everything together.
- Stuff into 22 mm sheep casings forming 25 cm (10") links.
- Hold for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Boil in water at 75° C (167° F) for 15 minutes.
Cure #1 (optional) is added for pink color only.