Chicken with Cheese & Onion
Sausages made from chicken are a big hit in India. Many known European sausage recipes are modified by replacing pork with poultry meat and sold in India.
|Chicken breast||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Chicken skin||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Hard cheese, for example cheddar||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Water||100 g||100 ml|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||15 g||2-1/2 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Onion powder||5.0 g||1 tsp|
|Mace||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Soy protein isolate (SPI)||5 g||1 tsp|
|Vegetable oil||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Starch||15 g||1/2 oz|
- Dice cheese into 1/4” (6 mm) cubes.
- Grind chicken breast through 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Grind skins through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- In a blender/food processor emulsify ground skin with 100 ml of water and all ingredients.
- In a bowl mix the emuldified paste with ground meat and cubed cheese.
- Stuff into 30 mm collagen or cellulose casings.
- Hold for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Smoke (optional step) at 60° C (140° F) for 1 hour. Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 30 minutes.
- Place in cold water for 10 minutes. Drain and cool in air.