Butifarra Blanca with Pork and Beef
Butifarra like Butifarrón can be made not only from pure pork only, but from pork and beef as well.
|Lean pork||250 g||0.55 lb|
|Lean beef||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Skins||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Back fat, belly fat or fat trimmings||350 g||0.77 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||22 g||3.5 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cinnamon||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Nutmeg||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|White wine||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
- Cook skins in water (below the boiling point) for 60 minutes.
- Dice 1/3 part of fat into 6 mm (1/4") cubes.
- Grind fat through 6 mm (1/4") plate.
- Grind meats through 6 mm (1/4”) plate.
- Mix ground meat, fat, and all ingredients. Hold for 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Stuff into into 32 mm hog casings or 40-45 mm beef middles forming 20 cm (8") rings. Tie the ends together.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 40 minutes.
- Cool the sausages for 10 minutes in cold water.
- Drain and place on a table to evaporate the moisture.