This Botifarro or Blanquet sausage is very popular in the municipality of Alicante in the region of País Valenciano in Spain.
Prep time: 2 hours
Cook time: 30 minutes
|Pork, butt||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Skins||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||20 g||3.5 tsp|
|White pepper||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Pimentón, sweet||6.0 g||3 tsp|
|Cinnamon||1.0 g||½ tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Pine nuts||28 g||1 oz|
- Cook skins at 95° C (203° F) for 1-2 hours until soft. The finger should penetrate the skin through.
- Grind meat and skins through 6 mm (1/4”) plate.
- Mix meats with salt, spices, nuts and beaten eggs.
- Stuff into 30-40 mm ox or hog casings. Form links about 15 cm (6”) long.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 30-40 minutes.
- Cool in air. Refrigerate.
Consume cold or cooked.