Blanquet de Baleares
Blanquet is a short cooked pork sausage popular in Balearic Islands (Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza, Formentera) and eastern regions (Valencia, Murcia) of Spain. The sausage is often added to stews or served with rice.
Prep time: 3 hours
Cook time: 30 minutes
|Lean pork, pork belly||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork head meat||500 g||1.10 lb|
|Back fat||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||22 g||3.5 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cinnamon||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|White pepper||6.0 g||3 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||¼ tsp|
|Pine nuts||28 g||1 oz|
- Cook split heads in water at 95° C (203° F) until meat separates from bones. Recover the meat when the heads are still warm.
- Grind meat and fat together through 6 mm (1/4”) plate.
- Mix all meat and fat with spices and nuts. Hold for 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Stuff into 20-40 mm natural casings forming links 20 cm (8”) long.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 30 minutes. Cool in air.
Serve raw, fried or grilled.