Chicken Liver Sausage-Kosher
|chicken liver||350 g||12.34 oz|
|chicken meat trimmings||400 g||14.10 oz|
|chicken skins||50 g||1.76 oz|
|olive oil||100 ml||3.38 oz fl.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|soy protein isolate||20 g||3 tsp|
|water||80 ml||2.71 oz fl.|
|salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|white pepper||2 g||1/2 tsp|
|nutmeg||1 g||1/2 tsp|
|onion powder||1 g||1/2 tsp|
|ginger||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|allspice||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
- Bring water to a boil, switch the heat off and scald livers for 1 minute in hot water. Remove livers, rinse with cold water and drain.
- Cook chicken meat and skins in hot water. Rinse with cold water and drain. Remove any bones when the meat is still warm. Save stock.
- Grind meat and skins through a small grinder plate, 3 mm, 1/8 inch.
- Place livers in a food processor, add salt and emulsify.
- Add soy protein isolate, spices, water and emulsify. Add oil, then ground meat and emulsify all together.
- Stuff into 36-40 mm natural or synthetic casing.
- Cook in leftover stock at 176-185 F, 80-85 C, for about 45-60 minutes, until the inside of the sausage reaches 160 F, 72 C.
- Cool sausages in cold water, let them evaporate and refrigerate.