Morcilla de Cebolla
|Onions||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Pork back fat or fat trimmings||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Lard||100 g||3.5 oz|
|Blood||50 ml||2 oz fl|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Sweet pimentón (smoked Spanish paprika)||6.0 g||2 tsp|
|Cayenne||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cinnamon||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Cumin||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Garlic, minced||7.0 g||2 cloves|
- Finely cut or grind through 1/8” (3 mm) plate the onions.
- Dice the back fat into 3/8” (10 mm) cubes.
- In a skillet warm up lard on low heat. Add the minced onions, half salt, minced garlic and one bay leaf. Cook uncovered on low heat for 2 hours until onions are glassy but not browned. Remove from the heat and place in a mixing bowl. Let it cool.
- Except fat, combine blood with all other ingredients and mix for 3 minutes. Add diced fat and mix for one more minute.
- Laddle the mixture loosely through a funnel into 36 mm hog casings. Tie into 12” (30 cm) rings.
- Place the sausages into a large pot with hot water. Cook at 80° C (176° F) for 35 minutes.
- Cool the sausages in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the water and place on the table so the moisture can evaporate.
- To serve: panfry or grill.