Moscancia, a sausage made with blood, suet, onions, pimentón and other spices, stuffed into beef casings and cooked. Occasionally made with sheep fat and garlic.
|Pork fat||300 g||0.33 lb|
|Onions||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork blood||400 ml||0.88 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|Pimentón, sweet||10 g||5 tsp|
|Pimentón, hot||5.0 g||2 tsp|
|Olive oil||60 ml||2 oz fl|
- Grind pork fat through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Chop onions finely. Cook the onions in a frying pan in oil until glassy and golden. Cool.
- Mix ground fat, blood, onions, and spices.
- Stuff into 32-34 mm pork casings.
- Cook at 80° C (176° F) for 30 minutes.
Cut the sausage into slices and serve over cooked rice.