Morcilla de Sangre de Oveja-Buskantza, Mondejos
Morcilla de Sangre de Oveja (blood sausage made with sheep blood) is a popular blood sausage in the País Vasco region of Spain. The sausage is made with sheep meat and sheep blood, onions and rice. It is very similar to Morcilla Odolki u Odoste, another blood sausage made in the same region, however Morcilla Odolki u Odoste is made with pork blood and pork fat.
|Sheep blood||120 ml||4 oz fl|
|Sheep meat||240 g||0.5 lb|
|Onions||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Rice||40 g||0.70 oz|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|Pepper||12 g||6 tsp|
|Oregano||2.5 g||4 tsp|
- Cook rice. Cook onions.
- Grind onions and strips of sheep meat through 6 mm (1/4”) plate.
- Mix all materials with spices and blood.
- Stuff into 32-36 mm sheep casings forming long coil.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 30 minutes.
- Dry in air. The sausage is ready to eat.
- Store in refrigerator.
Serve cooked or fried with red chilis (pimientos rojos) or in stews.