Morcilla Rondeńa is a blood sausage made with lard and seasoned with cloves, coriander, cumin, oregano, paprika and pepper. Ronda is a mountaintop city in Spain’s Malaga province of Andalusia region in Spain.
|Lard||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Blood||400 g||0.88 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Pimentón, sweet||6.0 g||3 tsp|
|Oregano, dry||1.0 g||1 tsp|
|Coriander||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cumin||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Garlic, smashed||3.5 g||1 clove|
- Dice chilled lard into 10 mm (3/8”) cubes.
- Mix with all spices. Add slowly the blood mixing everything together.
- Stuff into 38-42 mm beef middles or pork casings. Form rings 35-40 cm (14-16”) long.
- Cook in water at 85° C (185° F) for 40 minutes.
- Dry at around 15° C (59° F) for 2 days.
- Store in oil or lard.
Consume raw, cooked or in stews.