Morcilla Riojana de Arroz
Morcilla Riojana is a very popular blood sausage in La Rioja region of Spain. The sausage is black with visible specks of white rice.
|Pork blood||300 ml||10 oz fl|
|Back fat or lard||130 g||4.58 oz|
|Onions||140 g||4.94 oz|
|Rice, cooked||430 g||15.16 oz|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||9.0 g||1.5 tsp|
|Black pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cinnamon||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||¼ tsp|
- Chop onions and boil them. Cook rice.
- Grind back fat with 3 mm (1/8”) plate.
- Mix fat, onions, rice, blood and spices.
- Stuff into beef middles or large diameter pork casings. Form rings.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 30 minutes.
The sausage can be eaten cold, fried or cooked.