Morcilla de Pan (Blood Sausage with Bread)
Every country with a rich tradition in sausage making has its own version of blood sausage with bread and so does Spain.
|Pork fat: kidney fat, back fat, belly fat, fat trimmings||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Dry wheat bread or rolls||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Blood||200 ml||0.44 lb|
|Onions, raw, chopped||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||25 g||4 tsp|
|Pimentón, sweet||12 g||6 tsp|
|Cumin||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cloves||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
- Slice dry bread very thinly. Melt the fat in skillet. Add onions, spices and bread and mix together. Remove from heat.
- Add blood and mix all together. Hold in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Stuff into 36-40 mm pork casings.
- Cook in water at 80º C (176º F) for 40 min.
- Hang in a cool place to dry.