Meats and Sausages
Blood sausage that shines (lustre means "shine") is an English translation for this Spanish sausage which is made with cooked lungs, chopped heart, pork belly, cumin, parsley, and mint. All stuffed into natural or artificial casings and cooked.
|Pork trimmings, lungs, heart, skins||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork belly||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Blood||400 ml||0.88 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|Pimentón, sweet||10 g||5 tsp|
|Cumin||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Mint, chopped||5.0 g||1 Tbsp|
|Parsley, chopped||1 bunch||3 Tbsp|
|Garlic||3.5 g||1 clove|
- Trim hearts of veins and connective tissue.
- Cook meats in water (below the boiling point) until soft.
- Grind meats through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Grind pork belly through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Mix meats, all ingredients and blood together.
- Stuff into 36 mm pork casings. Form loops 45 cm (16") long, tie the end with twine.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 40 minutes.
- Store at 10-12° C (50-53° F), <70% humidity or refrigerate.
Serve with potatoes, cabbage or fry in oil.