Morcilla Dulce de Soria
Sweet blood sausage of Soria is a popular product of Soria province in Spain’s central Castile and León region. The sausage consists of pork blood, lard, rice, sugar, dry fruits, bread, salt and spices.
|Pork blood||300 ml||0.55 lb|
|Lard||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Rice, cooked||250 g||0.55 lb|
|Wheat bread, dry||150 g||0.33 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|Sugar||20 g||4 tsp|
|Raisins||30 g||1 oz|
|Pine nuts, fried||30 g||1 oz|
|Cinnamon||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Star anise, ground||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
- Cook the rice.
- Fry pine nuts in butter or lard until light brown.
- Break or slice dry bread thinly.
- Mix lard with all spices, then add rice, bread, raisins, nuts and blood and mix all together.
- Stuff into 36 mm pork casings forming 40 cm (16") long loops. Tie the ends together.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 30 minutes.
- Immerse for 10 minutes in cold water. Air dry and refrigerate.
Serve with vegetables, bean stews, lentils or pastry.