Morcilla de Picaro
Morcilla de Picaro originates in region of Murcia in Spain. The sausage contains typical ingredients such as fat, blood and onions, however, it is aromatized with oregano, cloves and cinnamon. Presentation of Morcilla de Picaro is very attractive as it is in a shape of a string of round balls.
|Back fat||350 g||0.77 lb|
|Pork blood||200 ml||6.66 oz fl|
|Onions||450 g||0.99 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|Pimentón||6.0 g||3 tsp|
|Cinnamon||1.0 g||½ tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Oregano, dry||3.0 g||3 tsp|
|Pine nuts||28 g||1 oz|
- Peel the onions. Cook in water for 60 minutes, then drain and let cool.
- Grind back fat together with onions through 3 mm (1/8”) plate.
- Grind onions through 3 mm (1/8”) plate.
- Mix onions, fat, blood, salt, spices and nuts together.
- Stuff into 40-45 mm natural casings making 4-6 cm (2”) balls. Keep 4 balls in one string.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 40 minutes.
- Cool and store in refrigerator.
Serve fried, grilled or in stews.