Morcilla de Arroz
Every country with a rich tradition in sausage making has its own version of blood sausage with rice and so does Spain.
|Pork fat: kidney fat, back fat, belly fat, fat trimmings||250 g||0.55 lb|
|Rice, cooked||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Blood||400 ml||0.88 lb|
|Onions||250 g||0.55 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||28 g||4.5 tsp|
|Pimentón, sweet||20 g||3.5 Tbsp|
|Anise, ground||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cinnamon||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
- Cook rice until semi-done, don't overcook.
- Chop the onions and fry in a little fat on small fire until glassy and gold, then add rice and mix together. Take off the heat and let cool.
- Add spices and blood and mix all well together.
- Stuff loosely (the rice may expend) into 45-50 mm pork middles.
- Cook in water at 80º C (176º F) for 50-60 minutes.
- Immerse in cold water for 10 minutes, then spread on the table or hang to let the moisture evaporate.