Gutsfleischwurst is German blood sausage made from variety of meats.
|Lean pork||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Tongue||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Pork liver||50 g||0.11 lb|
|Back fat||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Pork jowls||50 g||0.11 lb|
|Skins||50 g||0.11 lb|
|Blood||50 g||0.11 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Marjoram, ground||3.0 g||1.5 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Allspice, ground||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Ginger||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Onion, diced||40 g||1/2 onion|
- Immerse tongue in boiling water for 10 minutes to soften the skin. Remove the skin with a knife. Cut the tongue into 25 mm (1") pieces.
- Cut lean pork into 25 mm pieces.
- Mix diced lean pork and tongue with salt and Cure #1. Pack tightly in container, cover with cloth and hold for 72 hours in refrigerator.
- Boil jowls at 80° C (176° F) for 15 minutes.
- Boil skins at 80° C (176° F) until soft.
- Grind skins and jowls through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Grind raw liver with raw onion through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Dice partially frozen back fat into 6 mm (1/4") cubes. Place fat in colander and scald with hot water for a few minutes.
- Mix all materials with blood and all ingredients.
- Stuff into 90 mm synthetic casings forming 50 cm (20") sections.
- Boil at 80° C (176° F) for 120 minutes.
- Immerse in cold water for 10 minutes then place on a flat surface and finish cooling in air.