Fariñón also known as fariña is large thick blood sausage very popular in Candás, in Asturias region of Spain..
|Pork back fat||300||0.66 lb|
|Onions||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork blood||250 ml||1 cup|
|Corn flour||150 g||0.33 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|Black pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Pimentón||10 g||5 tsp|
|Oregano, rubbed||3.0 g||3 tsp|
|Parsley, chopped||1 bunch||3 Tbsp|
|Nutmeg||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
- Cut back fat into 8-10 mm (3/8") pieces.
- Mix fat, chopped onion, oregano and chopped parsley together. Add blood and flour and mix again.
- Stuff into 50 mm pork or 60 mm beef middles.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 90-120 minutes.
- To serve, cut into slices and fry until crispy.