Butifarra Negra with Pork and Beef
Butifarra Negra is a Catalan blood sausage usually made from pork. This particular butifarra is a mixture (mezcla means mixture in Spanish) of pork and beef.
|Back fat||250 g||0.55 lb|
|Fat trimmings with attached meat or pork belly||350 g||0.77 lb|
|Beef, semi-fat||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Blood||200 ml||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||25 g||4 tsp|
|Black pepper||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cilantro, ground||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Oregano, ground||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
- Dice back fat and fat trimmings into small pieces.
- Grind beef through 6 mm (1/4") plate.
- Mix beef, pork fat, blood and all ingredients.
- Stuff into small 32-36 mm beef or pork casings.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 40 minutes. Prick the sausage with a needle and if the blood is not visible, the sausage is cooked.
- Cool in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Cool in air to evaporate moisture and refrigerate.