Boudin Noir á la Créme (French Blood Sausage with Cream)
|Pork head meat and/or pork skins||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Pork fat||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Pork blood||350 ml||11.66 oz fl|
|Full milk||30 ml||1 oz fl|
|Cream||100 ml||3.33 oz fl|
|Onions||220 g||0.48 lb|
|Egg||50 g||1 egg|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Sugar||3.0 g||½ tsp|
|Garlic, smashed||3.0 g||1 clove|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||¼ tsp|
|Cumin||0.5 g||¼ tsp|
|Cinnamon||0.5 g||¼ tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.25 g||1/8 tsp|
|Ginger||0.25 g||1/8 tsp|
- Cut the fat into 25 mm (1”) pieces and cook in hot water, at 90° C (194° F) for 20 minutes. Immerse in cold water to cool.
- Grind the fat through 8 mm (3/8”) plate.
- Peel onions then cook them in water at 90° C (194° F) for 5 minutes. Chop the onions finely then fry them on low heat in some lard. Stir the onions often and fry for 60 minutes, do not let them become brown.
- Precook head meat or skins in water at 90° C (194° F) until softer.
- Using food processor blend blood, milk, cream, meat/skins, onions and all ingredients together.
- Using ladle pour the sausage mass loosely into 36 mm pork casings making one long spiral. Create shorter links by twisting or using butcher twine.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 35 minutes.
- Immerse in cold water for 5 minutes. Drain and spread on the table to evaporate moisture.