Botifarra Negra de Barcelona
Botifarra Negra de Barcelona is a Spanish blood sausage, similar to morcilla, which is very popular around Barcelona area in the Catalonia region of Spain.
Prep time: 1.5 hours
Cook time: 45 minutes
|Back fat||350 g||0.77 lb|
|Lungs||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Pork skins||250 g||0.55 lb|
|Blood||250 ml||0.55 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|Black pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||¼ tsp|
|Cinnamon||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
- Place lungs and skins in a boiling water and cook at 95-100° C (203-212° F) for 45 minutes. Cool and grind through 5 mm (1/4”) plate.
- Place skins in a boiling water and cook at 95-100° C (203-212° F) until soft.
- Grind skins when still warm through 5 mm (1/4”) plate.
- Grind back fat through 10 mm (3/8”) plate.
- Mix ground meat, fat, blood and spices together.
- Stuff into 34-38 mm pork casings linking sausages every 35-40 cm (14-16”).
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 45-60 minutes.
- Keep refrigerated. The sausage is ready to eat without cooking, however it is often fried.