Blutwurst mit Schrippen (Blood Sausage With Wheat Rolls)
German blood sausage with wheat rolls. Making blood or liver sausages with dry wheat rolls or white bread is a common procedure in many countries.
|Pork shoulder or meat trimmings||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Fat trimmings||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Dry rolls or white bread||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Blood||200 g||200 ml|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Allspice||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Marjoram, rubbed||3.0 g||3 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cinnamon||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Onions, chopped||30 g||1 oz|
- Soak dry rolls or white bread in blood.
- Grind meat, fat and onions through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Mix ground meats, fats, soaked rolls with all ingredients together. You can perform grinding and mixing in a food processor.
- Stuff into 40 mm synthetic waterproof casings forming 50 cm (20") loops.
- Cook in water at 80° C (176° F) for 50 minutes.
- Immerse in cold water for 5 minutes. Finish cooling in air.