Use fillets and all fish meat that can be scraped off the bones.
- Grind meat through 3mm 1/8 inch plate
- Ground fish, 1.5 kg, 3.5 lb
- Milk, 1 cup
- Fish broth*, 1 cup
- Flour, 3 Tbsp
- Fish sauce, 5 Tbsp
- Nutmeg, 1 tsp
- Pepper, 2 tsp
- Ginger, 1/3 tsp
- * simmer fish bones, in little water for 60 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together, then add ground fish and remix again.
- Form the mixture into balls about 2 inch thick.
- Fry the balls in hot oil (375° F, 190° C) until light brown. This should not take longer than 1 minute. Pack into containers and fill with hot fish broth or light tomato sauce. Leave 1 inch headspace in glass jars, and 1/4 inch headspace in cans.
- Seal and process at once.
|Style Pack||Container||Process Time||Canner Pressure at "0" ft|
|Hot||Jar-Pint||100 min||11 lb||10 lb|
|Can-No.2||90 min||11 lb||10 lb|
For processing at above 1,000 ft, see Altitude Adjustments.