Cucumber relish is very popular with sausages, look what carries every hotdog vendor in New York: ketchup, mustard, sauerkraut and cucumber relish.
- Diced cucumbers without ends and seeds, 1 kg, 2.2 lb
- Finely diced onion, 200 g
- Salt, 9 g, 1-1/2 tsp
- Vinegar, 150 ml
- Sugar, 150 g
- White pepper, 2 g, 1 tsp
- Mustard seed, 10
- Cut up fresh dill, 1 small sprig
- 1/2 pint or pint jars
- Except dill, place all ingredients in pot, mix and leave for 20 minutes.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until mixture is thicker. Add chopped dill at the end of cooking process.
- Fill hot relish into 1/2 pint jars. Remove air bubbles. Tighten lids.
- Place jars in a canner and bring water to a boil. Process at 212° F, 100° C for 10 minutes.