- 1 chopped cabbage
- 2 cups sliced cucumbers
- 2 quarts vinegar
- 1 gallon water
- 2 cups salt
- sliced onions, 2 cups
- chopped green tomatoes, 2 cup
- chopped sweet peppers, 2 cups
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp celery seed
- 2 Tbsp mustard seed
- 1 Tbsp of turmeric
- Place cabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes and onions in brine (1 gal of water & 2 cups salt) overnight. Drain.
- Mix all vegetables with remaining ingredients and boil for 10 minutes.
- Pack hot into hot pint jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe jar rims. Place lids and screw bands. Process 10 minutes in a Boiling Water Bath.
|Packing Method||Jar Size||Process Time in Minutes at Altitudes of|
|0-1,000 ft||1,001-6,000 ft||Above 6,000 ft|
|Hot||1/2 Pints or Pints||10||15||20|