Pork and Veal
|pork grade II (with fat)||510 g||18 oz|
|lean veal||250 g||8.81 oz|
|regular veal (with fat)||150 g||5.29 oz|
|pork skins||80 g||2.82 oz|
|pork lard||10 g||0.35 oz|
|Ingredients for 1 kg (2.2 lb) materials|
|salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|pepper||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|allspice||0.2 g||1/10 tsp|
|marjoram||0.2 g||1/5 tsp|
|small onion||20 g||1/2 oniong|
- 1. Skins.
- a. Wash raw skins in lukewarm water.
- b. Cure skins for 48 hours in 18° Be (70° salinometer, 18% salt) at refrigerator temperature. Use enough solution to be able to mix the skins without difficulty. 70° SAL solution: 1.88 lb salt to 1 gallon of water.
- c. Simmer the skins for 25 minutes at 194-203° F, 90-95° C, but don't make them too soft.
- d. Cool the skins on screens as warm skins glue together during grinding.
- 2. Dice onion and fry in lard until golden.
- 3. Cut pork and veal into 1" (25 mm) pieces.
- 4. Grind skins through 1/8" (3 mm) plate.
- 5. Mix meats with ground skins adding salt, until the mixture becomes sticky. Add onion and spices and remix.
- 6. Pack the cans leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- 7. Exhaust cans to 170° F, 77° C meat temperature.
- 8. Add hot boiling water (if needed) 1/4 inch to top.
- 9. Process at once at 250° F, 121° C:
- No.2.5, 401x411 - 80 min
- 307x409 - 70 min
- 307x200.25 - 50 min