Meats and Sausages
|pork I, II and III grade||550 g|
|pork skins and pork feet meat||100 g|
|liver, pork or veal||100 g|
|fat trimmings||250 g|
|Ingredients for 1 kg (2.2 lb) of materials|
|salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|pepper||1 g||0.5 tsp|
|allspice||0.3 g||1/4 tsp|
|bay leaf, crushed||1/2 leaf||1/2 leaf|
|onion||20 g||1/2 small onion|
- Wash the liver, cut it across and then scald in hot water (167° F, 75° C) until no more blood is released.
- Wash the skins and feet meat. Simmer in water (194° F, 90° C) for two hours.
- Simmer all pork and fat trimmings with 1/2 bay leaf in a little water (194° F, 90° C) for about 30 minutes.
- Drain and leave on the screen/table to cool down.
- Cut the onion in discs and fry in fat until golden.
- Grind liver, meat, fat trimmings and onion through 1/8" (3 mm) plate. Add all spices and either grind again or process in food processor, until one smooth paste is obtained.
- Pack into glass jars leaving 1 inch headspace.
- Place jars into warm water and heat up to about 100° F, 38° C.
- Seal jars, and process at once at 250° F, 121° C:
1/2 Pint - 50 min
Pint - 60 min