Lamb with Rice
|mutton||670 g||23.63 oz|
|rice||290 g||10.22 oz|
|pork lard||40 g||1.41 oz|
|pork bones for making stock||200 g||7 oz|
|Ingredients for 1 kg (2.2 lb) of materials|
|salt||15 g||2-1/2 tsp|
|pepper||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|garlic||3 g||1 clove|
|paprika||1 g||1/2 tsp|
|tomato sauce||40 g||1.41 oz|
- Cut mutton into 1 inch (25 mm) pieces.
- Fry meat pieces in lard until medium cooked.
- Remove meat pieces and mix with salt, spices and tomato sauce. Save the meat sauce.
- Place pork bones in pot, cover with 1 liter (1 quart) of water and boil for 4 hours. Strain the stock. Add meat sauce (from frying meat) and mix with pork stock.
- Wash the raw rice.
- Pack about 140 g meat (5 oz) and 100 g (3.5 oz) of rice into pint jars. Fill with hot boiling stock leaving 1 inch headspace. Pack about 85 g of meat (3 oz) and 50 g (1.76 oz) of rice. Fill with hot boiling stock leaving 1 inch headspace.
- Remove air bubbles, adjust lids and process at once at 150° F, 121° C:
1/2 Pint jars - 40 min
Pint jars - 50 min