- Wash the corned beef, cut into pieces suited for packing.
- Cover meat with cold water and bring to boil. If broth tastes very salty, strain and cover meat with fresh water, and parboil again.
- Pack hot meat. Leave about 1 inch above meat in glass jars for headspace. Leave 1-1/2 inch in cans.
- Cover meat with hot broth or hot water. Leave 1 inch for headspace in jars, fill cans to top.
- Work out bubbles with knife.
- Seal and process at once.
|Style of Pack||Container||Process Time||Canner Pressure at "0" ft|
|Hot||Jar-Pint||75 min||11 lb||10 lb|
|Can-No.2Ω and No.3||90 min|
For processing at above 1,000 ft, see Altitude Adjustments.