Raspberry jam is used in cakes, pastries, ice creams and sandwiches.
- Raspberries, 1kg (2.2 lb)
- Sugar, 500 g (1.10 lb)
- Lemon juice, 120 ml (1/2 cup)
- ½ pint jars
- Mix gently raspberries with sugar in a large bowl, cover and leave for 3 hours at room temperature.
- Place raspberries in a large pot, add lemon juice, cover the pot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Lower the heat, remove cover and cook for 10 minutes stirring often.
- Take the jam off the heat and perform the refrigerator test to see if it is ready.
- Fill glass jars with hot jam to within ¼ inch from the top. Remove air bubbles and wipe off the jar rim. Install and tighten the cover.
- Place jars in a bath canner and bring water to boil. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove jars from the canner and leave undisturbed for 12 hours.
- Store in cool and dark place.