Strawberry Fruit Leather
Strawberries make delicious fruit leather.
- Strawberries, 1 kg (2.2 lb)
- Sugar, 453 g (1 lb)
1. Wash strawberries, remove green tops and cut strawberries into halves. Smash strawberries with potato masher.
2. Puree strawberries in a blender. Add sugar.
3. Pour strawberry fruit leather onto parchment sheet.
4. Dry at 140° F (40° C) until done.
Testing. Test fruit leather by pressing against with your finger. Properly dried fruit leather is slightly tacky to touch, but easily peeled from the sheet.
There should not be visible indentation. Cool the leather for 10 minutes, then peel away and roll. Properly dried fruit leather will unwrap easily, the still moist spots willstick to the sheet. Wrap the fruit roll in plastic.